Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Addiction and Alcoholism in the SCI 2

         I went to this partial program for almost 4 years but slipped backed into drinking and off my psych meds time and time again. I would end up back in the psychiatric hospital a dozen times before my psychiatrist put me in a “dual diagnosis” center to work on BOTH my alcoholism and mental and emotional disorders. Thank God it worked. However, I still went to AA meetings for years afterward to stay sober…and I did for four years.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.