Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Childhood Trauma Part 3

        I have kept a diary since I was 13 years old when my mother bought me one those little locking diaries that didn’t really work. After I finally found out, much to my dismay, that she had been reading it, I booby trapped it and wrote everything in code. But being so young and naïve I had no idea that just taking out the vowels of each word was not enough until my younger sister, who also enjoyed breaking into it, told me it was simple to figure out what I was writing. It was just another violation to me by the people I trusted and loved the most.

        However, for some reason it didn’t sway me from journaling and kept writing and still do. So I know 1st hand it helps you deal with and resolve your issues.

        Perhaps you don’t suffer from panic or anxiety. Maybe your personality took a turn in another direction. You could be a the over achiever, the perfectionist always striving for a better career, a better car, a better house, and feel like nothing is wrong is with your life. You rose above it all, put it all behind you and became a successful, productive member of society. You married an upstanding individual, had a couple of children  and work is your life. But are you happy?

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.