Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vitamins, Herbs, and Supplements The End

·       Milk thistle – 1000mgs
1.  Protects and heals the liver
2.  Lowers cholesterol
3.   Reduces number of cancer cells in patients with breast, cervical and prostate cancer.
4.   Used by many withdrawing from opiates

·       Echinacea – 400mg
1.  Stimulates the body’s immune system
2.   Wards off a cold and shortens duration
3.   Sometimes used as a laxative

·       Ginger root –
1.   Great for nausea and gas
2.   Thins blood and lowers cholesterol so good for the heart
3.  Even helps anxiety

·       Red clover blossom - 430mg – definitely a lady’s herb gentlemen!
1.  Contains isoflavones that act like estrogen in the body
2.   Helps symptoms of menopause
3.   Helps problems with irregular periods
4.   Balances acid/alkaline in the vagina

·       Soy isoflavones – 750mgs
1.   Phytoestrogen so helps with PMS, menstrual problems and menopause
2.   Lowers cholesterol
3.   Reduces risk of cancer
4.   Reduces risk of diabetes

·        Goldenseal – 500mgs - I would normally take my goldenseal and Echinacea in one herbal blend which I will order and let you know the mgs of each herb.
1.   Antibiotic
2.   Used for gastritis, colitis, and loss of appetite
3.   Used for duodenal ulcer
4.   Used for liver disease
5.   Astringent, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic
6.   Aids digestion, stimulates bile production, used as laxative
7.    And it Stimulates muscles!

·       Cascara sagrada – 450mg – part of my bowel program
1.  A strong herbal laxative

·       Multi-enzymes – pancreatin – 100mg, amalase – 50mg, protease – 50mg, bromelain – 25mg, papain -  25mg, pepsin – 25mg, ox bile – 15mg, lipase – 10mg, cellulose – 5mg

2.  Enzymes break down what we eat and help with digestion.
3.  Each enzyme breaks down a different type of food.
4.   Helps with indigestion,  nausea and bloating

·       Vitamin E – 400IU  I’d like to apologize for forgetting  to add this to the vitamin section but here it is
1.  Promotes heart health
2.  Respiratory health
3.   Supports brain health
4.  Circulatory benefits
5.  Helps peripheral neuropathy
6.   Excellent antioxidant

Believe it or not I take all of these vitamins, herbs, and supplements everyday and I haven’t had a cold or UTI in 2 years. My hair and fingernails grow so fast I need a manicure every week and haircut every month. After my two back to back summers in the hospital in 2007 and 2008, I haven’t been sick. I eat a high protein, high fiber, low fat, low sugar, diet MOST of the time. However, I still allow myself a treat sometimes like a few pieces of good chocolates, a scoop or two of really good ice cream, or a slice of cheesecake.
I realize it seems like a lot of pills but if you split them up and take some 3 times a day it’s not so bad. And some of the herbs are taken AS NEEDED so you may find you’re only taking those every couple of days. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.