Friday, May 13, 2011

Keeping a Positive Attitude Part 4

Well then, how DO we stay positive in world so fraught with negativity? I’ve already talked about three ways: try to stay grateful, be good to others and teach your children to have strong and healthy self esteems. But there are many tips I’d like to share with you that I use every day to keep from sinking into that dark and lonely place so hard to escape from once I’m in it.
No matter how crappy I feel I work out. It’s something that I did before my accident and it never failed to make me feel better. Unfortunately now, I have so few muscle left that aren’t paralyzed, I must get very creative with my workouts just to make them affective enough to get my endorphins flowing. There are certain chemicals in your brain that when your body produces enough of them you get a natural “high”. This is what happens when you exercise. Your brain releases endorphins which are the body’s natural defense against pain and they are a “feel good” chemical for your brain. I workout six days a week no matter how tired, how anxious, how down, how busy or even how under the weather I may be feeling. I highly recommend it as a way to keep a positive attitude.
(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.