Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kristi, Me, Eric and Lori

I’m so bored lately I’m about to go out of my mind. It’s the same old routine day in and day out. I haven’t left my room for days. All I do is get on the computer and never get off unless I’m sleeping. I sincerely apologize for not posting but I think I’m suffering from some seasonal depression.

I think I’m gaining weight which upsets me greatly. I’m still having trouble with my belly blowing up and not going back down. It’s driving me mad. I have every symptom of an under active thyroid but I don’t know which way to go with my medicine. I tried increasing the dose and the problems got worse so I guess I’ll try reducing the medication. I wish something would work.

Eric and I fight all the time. I just can’t seem to make him happy. Everything I do pisses him off. I wish we could go back in time and I could change everything that’s happened in the last seven years. Actually, I’d have to go back 10 years to make it alright. But it’s fruitless to think like that and I know that I can only go forward never back.

I need to have a serious talk with Kristi, one of my attendants. I interviewed a new person for her position due to her lack of reliability and work ethic. Even though she’s been with me for well over a year, I feel like as though I can’t count on her, especially in the winter when she calls off if there is the slightest chance of snow. The new woman I interviewed seemed capable, reliable and willing to work. I need someone I can count on but I’m not looking forward to talking to Kristi about giving her notice. That’s why I’ve procrastinated all week and I MUST call her on Thursday so I can let the new employee know if she’s starting this week or next or not for two weeks. I don’t relish this phone call and wish we could have this talk face to face.

Well, that’s it for me for tonight. I’m falling asleep in my wheelchair and still have other things to do, so goodnight friends and sleep well.  
                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, letting people go is never easy. It seems (imo) nursing assistants get too comfortable in their positions. I want my stna's to like coming to work, but not to the point they are okay coming in late, or okay using their cell phones all day and okay with bringing their home life to work! Anyway...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in an agency that licenses home health agencies. It has always been my frustration that companies will accept clients for whom they cannot possibly provide the required hours.

    To see that private pay (which is what I assume you are doing) is no better leaves me with few ideas on how to fix the system. Try employing two home health companies at the same time? I don't know what your hourly needs are, or your ability to pay.

    But that's all I can offer after being a regulatory attorney in that industry. My friend's dad had a stroke that only affected his brain stem (3% left). They have insurance, and still the providers do not appear. He's back at work (secret NASA science stuff). He's "trapped in."

    Things like this make it very difficult to reenter the workforce, where you belong.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.