Thursday, July 21, 2011

Relationships 1

          Remember me talking about dreams a few blogs ago? Well, it seems that someone doesn’t want to share in my dream. So much so that he’s using emotional sabotage as a means of trying to talk me out of them. It’s making me feel so shitty that the excitement I should be feeling has morphed into guilt and resentment.  There’s also a large helping of good old fashioned emotional blackmail thrown in for good   measure.
          Although it would be nice to have his approval and for him to happy for me, I’m just going to have to be happy for myself and enjoy each moment as it comes. I’m still excited so I’ll be okay. I don’t need his approval to validate me. So, there is a lesson to be learned here; you don’t need someone else to tell who you are, what you should do, be, say or look like or who or what you should like or dislike. If a person doesn’t love you the way you wish to be then that person doesn’t love you. Another thing, you absolutely, positively cannot change who a person is or what they do. No matter how much you love them, threaten them or promise them, it can’t be done unless it’s what they want to do.
          So my next series of blogs will talk about relationships and the differences between a healthy one and an ugly, dangerous unhealthy one.                 
(to be continued)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.