Friday, July 8, 2011

Dreams Part 3

       Two days ago as we were doing my physical therapy, I sat on the edge of my bed with my feet on the floor. Eric came in to make sure I was ready and Kristi had given me extra medicine and water to get my blood pressure up good and high. We were going to try again. Michelle had made a special trip in just to take photos and watch; everyone was excited.
       Eric came over to the bed where I was balancing myself; buttocks on the very edge of the bed, arms throw back behind me, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. He bent forward so I could get my arms around his neck and he held me around my lower back. In one smooth motion he stood up and with him so did I … for the first time in 6 ½ years! We kissed like we hadn’t seen each other in many, many months. As Eric gingerly walked me around in a circle, Michelle snapped a few shots. Standing up, even with help, was a dream come true … but the best part was holding Eric and him holding me … just like we used to … what seemed like a lifetime ago. And we did it again the next day until my arms grew too weary to hold on. And even though my arms ached all day, my spirit was filled with joy.  


 




                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                           
                                                                           









 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this awesome experience! :) Love ya my friend!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.