Friday, May 6, 2011

Keeping a Positive Attitude

Sometimes it’s almost impossible to keep a positive outlook, attitude, personality and self image when life is treating me especially hard. Sometimes I feel like I am sliding into deep, dark, dank hole with slippery, slimy sides and no hand holds. Life is tough for everyone but especially for those of us with physical disabilities. That’s why I’m dedicating this series of blogs to attaining and maintaining a positive attitude; to keeping my head above the dark hole and managing to climb out once and awhile.
Those of us that are disabled differ from the able bodied emotionally, psychologically, mentally and physically. And I do not mean this in any derogatory manner. We simply have greater stressors on these areas of our lives due to the SCI/SCD than the average able bodied individual has. That’s one of the reasons why I arm myself so thoroughly with vitamins, minerals, supplements and herbs that I do on a daily basis. And God knows there are many days that I absolutely do NOT feel like working out, using my percussion vest or going through my bed time meditation routine but I DO. I keep pushing through the boredom, I keep pushing through the pain, I keep pushing through the fear, I keep pushing through the ever looming black dragon’s shadow of depression. I can barely speak to Eric he’s such a drain on my good karma. It’s as if he can’t stand to see a glimmer of a smile begin to cross my face.
(To be continued)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.