Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Keeping a Positive Attitude Part 6

Please allow me to summarize. We have discussed gratitude, treating our employees, our other half, and our gifts from heaven itself, our children with dignity, respect and appreciation. We also talked about exercise and diet. I do believe we may have touched on vitamins and supplements in passing as well as different ways to keep a positive attitude. Well, I’m only half through with different ideas you can try to help you maintain a more positive outlook on life.
      Try to find some sense of spirituality in your life. If you believe in God great; if you don’t then try to intellectually think to yourself that there must be a power greater than you are. You can’t honestly believe you are the greatest power in the universe do you? At any rate if you are truly an atheist and cannot find a higher power in anything, all is not lost. Although prayer and faith are strong weapons in the battle to maintaining a positive attitude, it can still be done in other ways that will probably lead to believe anyway. However, it is not a prerequisite to feeling good.
      Meditation is an excellent tool to clear the mind of circular thoughts, worries, and resentments. Let’s talk about resentments for just a minute. Holding on to resentment doesn’t hurt the person or persons you are angry with. Or in my case, hated with a passion so deep I wished worse things than death upon the person and her children. Finally, I let it go and put it in God’s hands and she got was coming to her without me clouding my mind, weighing down my soul and coloring my daily outlook on life which is what resentment will do to you. If you’re interested you can read all about her fate on my facebook page in my photos, album – look who got busted now – to see her mugshot and simply scroll down my page far enough to read the many police reports. But seriously friends, LET GO of your resentments all they do is hurt you and the other person is oblivious to your feelings. The weight that is lifted alone is worth the effort of letting go.
I will dedicate the next blog entirely to letting go of resentments and meditation as ways to keep a happy, healthy and positive attitude as much as we possibly can.
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to be as open, honest, blunt, and real as think you need to when leaving your comment. any of you who can relate to any one of my issues or takes offense to something I've written I'd especially like to hear from. I'm sorry to say that any comments left anonymously will not be published whether positive or negative. however, i still appreciate the insight and value the opinion. Thanks, L.A.M.B.